<< Previous question   Table of contents   MOSIX home   Next question >>
What aspects of a single-system image are supported
MOSIX provides to users and applications the
user's "login-node" run-time environment.
This means that:
- Users can login on any node and do not need to know where
their programs run.
- No need to modify or link applications with special libraries.
- No need to copy files to remote nodes.
- Automatic resource discovery: whenever clusters or nodes
join (disconnect), all the active nodes are updated.
- Automatic workload distribution by process migration,
including load balancing, process migration from slower
to faster nodes and from nodes that run out of free memory.